Frankenstein Unit and Teacher Guide overview:
- Introduce the unit and goals with pre-reading activities.
- Follow the reading schedule (4 readings) and administer reading quizzes.
- Engage students after each reading with a variety of standards-based lessons.
- Extend learning with enriching challenges.
- Assess mastery with performance tasks and/or a final exam.
Frankenstein unit contents:
- 17 lessons (3 pre-reading, 9 during reading, and 5 after reading)
- 4 discussion sets (one for each reading)
- Each lesson follows an into, through, and beyond format.
- Connected clips, readings, and graphic organizers
- A variety of activities (group tasks, presentations, creative writing, etc.)
- Key excerpts by chapter with analysis
- 4 assigned readings
- PDF and MS Word formats (easy to modify)
- Answer keys included
- 2-3 focus standards for each
- 29 one-page handouts
- PDF and MS Word files (print or make modifications)
- Helpful graphic organizers and links
- A wide variety of tasks (design, performance, research, etc.)
- Comprehension questions: 40 (answer key included)
- Language Arts questions: 42 (answer key included)
- Short answer prompts: 22
- Extended response prompts: 12
- Test items range from easy to challenging
- Two file formats: PDF and MS Word
Bonus resource: Frankenstein Reading Test
- Whole-book reading check, comprehension questions only
- Useful when assigning the novel as extra credit or summer reading