Resource PREVIEW (PDF)
Includes lesson plans, reading quizzes, assignments/projects, and unit test maker. Focus topics include allusion, characterization, imagery, structure, structural effects (e.g., suspense), point of view, symbolism, theme development, Romanticism, and science fiction.
Also available on…
Frankenstein Unit and Teacher Guide overview:
- Introduce the unit and goals with pre-reading activities.
- Follow the reading schedule (4 readings) and administer reading quizzes.
- Engage students after each reading with a variety of standards-based lessons.
- Extend learning with enriching challenges.
- Assess mastery with performance tasks and/or a final exam.
Frankenstein unit contents:
- 17 lessons (3 pre-reading, 9 during reading, and 5 after reading)
- 4 discussion sets (one for each reading)
- Each lesson follows an into, through, and beyond format.
- Connected clips, readings, and graphic organizers
- A variety of activities (group tasks, presentations, creative writing, etc.)
- Key excerpts by chapter with analysis
- 4 assigned readings
- PDF and MS Word formats (easy to modify)
- Answer keys included
- 2-3 focus standards for each
- 29 one-page handouts
- PDF and MS Word files (print or make modifications)
- Helpful graphic organizers and links
- A wide variety of tasks (design, performance, research, etc.)
- Comprehension questions: 40 (answer key included)
- Language Arts questions: 42 (answer key included)
- Short answer prompts: 22
- Extended response prompts: 12
- Test items range from easy to challenging
- Two file formats: PDF and MS Word
Bonus resource: Frankenstein Reading Test
- Whole-book reading check, comprehension questions only
- Useful when assigning the novel as extra credit or summer reading