Includes 20 step-by-step lessons, 19 handouts, 5 slideshows, and teacher guide.
Lesson plans overview:
- Pre-reading: 3 lessons
- Reading 1 (Chapter 1): 4 lessons
- Reading 2 (Chapters 2-7): 4 lessons
- Reading 3 (Chapters 8-12): 4 lessons
- Follow-up: 5 lessons
Anthem Lesson Plans: file formats
- Lesson plans: PDF and DOCX
- Handouts: PDF and DOCX
- Slideshows: PDF and PPTX
- Answer key: PDF and DOCX
Reading checks motivate students to complete the readings. Each quiz contains 15 comprehension / recall questions. Quick to administer and score.
- Reading 1: Chapter 1 (20 pages)
- Reading 2: Chapters 2-7 (39 pages)
- Reading 3: Chapters 8-12 (27 pages)
- Quizzes to print (PDF and DOCX)
- Answer key (PDF and DOCX)
19 options for assessing and extending learning. Tasks include creative writing, debate, formal research, visual arts, performance, presentation, and more.
- Assignment Menu (PDF)
- Assignment Menu (DOCX)
- Supporting Materials folder (PDF and DOCX)
Note: There is NO ANSWER KEY in this resource.
Choose from 180 test questions ranging from basic to challenging. Make your perfect Anthem unit assessment in minutes instead of hours.
- 65 comprehension / recall questions (multiple choice)
- 79 literary knowledge and analysis questions (multiple choice)
- 26 short answer prompts
- 10 extended response prompts
- Anthem Unit Test (DOCX and PDF)
- ANSWER KEY (DOCX and PDF)
Each set has several discussion questions (4 to 10 depending on the length of the chapter) and 1-2 excerpts for analysis. This resource was written with collaborative groups in mind, but it could serve other functions (e.g., individual reading support).
Note: The ANSWER KEY provides possible responses and not “correct answers.”