One discussion set per chapter. Each has several discussion prompts and 1-2 excerpts for analysis. This resource was written with collaborative groups in mind, but it could serve other functions (e.g., individual reading support).
- Option A: Assign each discussion group 3 items from the set. Each group responds to two prompts and one excerpt.
- Option B: Instruct everyone to answer 1-3 items on their own in preparation for discussing all of the questions as a class.
- Option C: Have students respond to three items of their choosing as they read independently.
- Some chapters have more questions than others. Sets range from 4-10 items.
- ANSWER KEY provides possible responses and not “correct answers.”
- DOCX (edit in MSWord or Google Docs)
- ANSWER KEY (PDF)