A Raisin in the Sun Projects and Essays provides 18 engaging options for assessing and extending learning. Tasks include creative writing, debate, formal research, visual arts, performance, presentation, and more.
A Raisin in the Sun Project and Essay Options:
- Symbols in the Sun (presentation)
- Hansberry’s Themes
- Historical Context (research report)
- Primary Source Gallery
- Characters and Points of View
- Author’s Style: Word Choice
- Setting the Stage (design contest)
- An Unfamiliar Symbol
- “It’s Life, Mama!” (personality test)
- 1961 Film (viewing guide and critique)
- The American Dream (debate)
- Feminist Perspective (debate)
- Comparing Literature (presentation)
- One Scene for Stage or Screen (performance)
- The Lost Scene (creative writing)
- Forms of Racism
- Cutting a Character (argument)
- Original Artwork
These A Raisin in the Sun tasks were designed with the end of the unit in mind. For activities and assignments to use while reading the play, check out A Raisin in the Sun Lesson Plans and Materials.
Included files: projects PDF, projects DOCX (MS Word), and a folder of the supplementary handout PDFs
You can modify the project and essay options through the DOCX file.